HOST FAMILY INFORMATION
If you are a family who would like to host overseas students, the following is some of the information you may like to consider before applying to ETS-UK to become a Host.
- Hosting may be from 2 nights to 1 year
- One spare room in your household or more
- Maximum number of students in any one family is 4
- Be able to provide full board
- You would become responsible for the welfare of the student/s
- Deliver and return students to meeting points on some programmes on a daily basis
- Accept a home visit by an ETS-UK representative
- Be able to provide a clean CRB/PVG for each adult member living in the home
Ultimately you take on the responsibility for the student/s care while they are here in the UK or Ireland and must help us to protect and conserve student welfare at all times.
In the event that you pass the first stage of the application process, one of our local representatives will come to your home for a short interview with you and your family to ensure your suitability before proceeding with the vetting and final application process. ETS-UK pay competitive rates of remuneration. We look forward to welcoming you onto the ETS team.
TEACHER & LEADER INFORMATION
Should you be interested in applying to become a Teacher or Activity Leader, some of the following information may help you to decide if you are a suitable candidate.
- You must be 22 years or over, be a native English speaker and be resident in the UK or Ireland
- Teachers – have a TEFL, Celta, TESOL or other EFL certificate or an appropriate University Degree
- Activity leaders – have a good level of education, experience with children, certain qualifications in sports may be necessary
- All staff would go through an interview and screening process
- Provide a clean CRB/PVG and at least 2 references
- Staff are generally required to work during the summer months although ad hoc positions may be available throughout the year
- We are always looking for teachers who can teach and host in their own home year round – see details of the One to One programme.
NB Only teachers or activity leaders who are native English speakers and who are resident in the UK or Ireland may apply. Accommodation is not provided.